Well, yesterday was Thanksgiving. I am among millions of Americans who share this as their favorite holiday. How could you not love this day? You get to eat copious amounts of food all day with no judgements, while watching football with your closest family and friends, take a nap and repeat!
This year I got to spend it with Joshua, his roommate and his friend. A small Friendsgiving! I love it!
I made this amazingly easy and delicious pumpkin pie for dessert. Go ahead and give it a try, everyone will be asking you to make it again next year and you will have no qualms about it.
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 1 15oz can of Pumpkin, I used Libbys
- 1 12oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk, I used Eagle Brand
- 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 sprinkle of Love
- 1 shake of the salt shaker
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice or you can use 1 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- Whipped cream, Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Mix dry ingredients together, sugar, spices & salt
- Send boyfriend to the store to pickup extra eggs that you forgot 🙈
- Whisk eggs together
- Mix eggs and pumpkin
- Slowly stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until smoothly mixed
- Stir in evaporated milk and love. All ingredients should be in the same bowl at this point.
- Pour mixture into graham cracker crust
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated 425° oven
- Bring the oven temperature down to 350° and bake for another 35-40 minutes
- Pie will be done when you stick a fork or other sharp object in it and it comes out clean
- Cool completely and serve with a dollop of Cool Whip, whipped cream, or ice cream. Enjoy!